UHV 600kV to 1200kV Standard Capacitors
Réf : UHT CG 600 kV
Ultra High Voltage standard Capacitors used for very high accuracy measurement of capacitance and dielectric dissipation factor (Tan Delta) as well as voltage measurement in capacitive dividers.
- Voltage range : from 600 kV to 1 200 kV
- Tangente delta (Tan δ) : < 1.10-5
- Nomial Capacitance : 5 pF to 100 pF
- Voltage coefficient : up to < 10 ppm
- Stability : < 0.01 % / year
See full description
After 80 years of design and manufacture of any kinds of standard capacitors, any possible voltages and capacitances, Vettiner proposes today the widest range of high voltage standard capacitors on the world market.
UHV range is born with the development of the Ultra High Voltage electrical network in some wide countries in the world requiring the delivery of very large quantities of energy over very long distances (thousands of km & miles).
This range is consequently designed for the test and checking of VHV equipments dedicated for the transmission networks above the traditional European 400 kV network.
This family of Standard Capacitors was hence designed on the development toward the top of the Vettiner traditional CG range and is also formed with a main central buble electrode as historical and traditional Vettiner CG range.
These capacitors are mainly used by National Metrology Institutes, laboratories of manufacturers involved in the world of high tension and by the industrial service companies or technological universities as reference standard capacitance and tangent delta.
These same standards capacitors can also be used as a capacitive divider with a low voltage foot capacitance that can be integrated in the base of the capacitor. They can even be used for coupling capacitance for partial discharge measurements for applications on high voltage equipment of relatively small capacitance (IEC 60270)
The CG range - UHV family allows high dielectric voltages through its bulbous structure and it is always composed of three main electrodes:
- A high voltage electrode receiving the high voltage,
- An low voltage measurement electrode Cn isolated from the previous high voltage one by a dielectric gas under pressure, usually SF6,
A guard electrode finally to perfectly define the measurement made by the previous electrode Cn and eliminate all the parasitic capacitance by grounding them or by using a guard circuit specific to the installation.
- An additional measuring electrode Cn2 may be added as an option to allow the simultaneous use of the capacitor at a time as a precision reference standard capacitance and tangent delta but also as a reference voltage - extremely high precise voltage