50kV to 500kV Capacitors
Réf : CG 200-50
Reference standard Capacitors used for very high accuracy measurement of capacitance and dielectric dissipation factor (tan delta) as well as a branch of high voltage capacitor dividers or as a coupling capacitor in some applications.
- Voltage range : 50 kV à 500 kV
- Tangente delta (Tan d) : < 1.10-5
- Nominal capacitance : 5 pF à 1000 pF
- Voltage coefficient : < 30 ppm
- Stability / year : < 0,05 %
See full description
The traditional VHV range iscorresponding to the original heart of Vettiner know how and development since 1933.
These capacitors are mainly used by National Metrology Institutes, laboratories of manufacturers involved in the world of high tension and by the industrial service companies or technological universities as reference standard capacitance and tangent delta. These same standards capacitors can also be used as a capacitive divider with a low voltage foot capacitance that can be integrated in the base of the capacitor. They can even be used for coupling capacitance for partial discharge measurements for applications on high voltage equipment of relatively small capacitance (IEC 60270)
The CG range - VHV allows high dielectric voltages through its bulbous structure and it is always composed of three main electrodes:
- A high voltage electrode receiving the high voltage,
- An low voltage measurement electrode Cn isolated from the previous high voltage one by a dielectric gas under pressure, usually SF6,
A guard electrode finally to perfectly define the measurement made by the previous electrode Cn and eliminate all the parasitic capacitance by grounding them or by using a guard circuit specific to the installation.
- An additional measuring electrode Cn2 may be added as an option to allow the simultaneous use of the capacitor at a time as a precision reference standard capacitance and tangent delta but also as a reference voltage - extremely high precise voltage